Wednesday 28 January 2015

Yorkshire Love: Tadcaster




Helloo!

So today I'm going to show off some pictures of beautiful Yorkshire. Every weekend, I take the dogs out for a super long walk (preferably somewhere we haven’t been before!) and toddle off all over Yorkshire with my family. However, this weekend I was forced to go it alone and I just couldn’t think where to go. I eventually decided to go back to the town where I grew up in Tadcaster.


Tadcaster is a brewery town and brews John Smiths, Sam Smiths and Coors to name a few. It sits pretty much slap bang in the middle of York and Leeds and is separated by the River Wharfe. (Apparently the people on one side of the river don’t like the other side, however I've never experienced this!)I've heard someone describe it as like 'walking through an old photograph'. It's true that nothing ever really changes there but, I have to admit, I wouldn't want it to change. I want it to preserve my childhood memories forever, just keep it like an old photograph please. :) 



Growing up there, I’ve taken it for granted but I have to admit, this day gave me a whole new perspective. The sun was shining, the air smelt homely and I had my two favourite dog friends to keep me company. I’ve done this walk hundreds of times before with my best friends and my mum (who is also one of my best friends!) but today, going it alone, I felt I could take in what was around me properly. 


The dogs had a whale of a time jumping in the mini lakes formed by the heavy rainfall we had in the past couple of weeks! 


The walk is just right along the river and is surrounded by hills, greenery and loveliness. 


Do you ever stop time to admire the beauty on your doorstep? 

1 comment: